Moss & Algae Removal
Someone slips over every 5 minutes and this normally occurs on wet or contaminated areas. Most slips are due to poor maintenance and cleaning. Solutions are often simple and cost effective.
According to statistics from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), slips and trips are the single most common cause of injuries at work, and account for over a third of all major work injuries. Cost to employers is £500+ million per year.
Cost to the National Health Service is £133+ million per year.
Not only can algae and moss can be unsightly but also dangerous if left untreated on driveways, paths, play areas, walkways, decking, marinas, pavements or any other areas that are used by the public. In these litigious times, companies and individuals are regularly being sued by people who have fallen due to the growth of moss and algae so the removal of these can be a sound investment.
Once the offending area has been thoroughly cleaned and the spores removed an inhibitor can be applied via a low pressure applicator that will prevent the algae and moss re appearing for up to 3 years in normal conditions.
The benefits of our algae and moss treatments?
- It is safe to handle and has no hazardous labels.
- It is non corrosive and non toxic.
- It is an effective treatment for mildew, mould, algae and moss.
- It is long lasting and starts to kill bacteria, fungi, mould and moss from the minute it makes contact.
It does not contain:
- Antibiotics. Over use of which can lead to resistance
- Heavy metals such as mercury and lead which are poisons
- Toxic metal salts such as tin and copper etc. which create residue problems.
- Poly Chlorinated Bi-Phenols. These create Dioxin problems.